I was sent a copy of a picture of Bolton Borough Prize Band from 1933 by Alison Ogden. Sadly the picture was very torn, but even as a part image it was a valuable record of the band and I added it to the IBEW. Some time later I received a complete picture of the band, and replaced the version in the archive online. I have since discovered that the original, torn, version contained an extra band member, actually Alison’s grandfather, James Ogden, who had been “added” to an original copy of the picture. How, or why this happened is lost in the mists of time, but it is intriguing nonetheless. Click the photos to see the full versions.
- New brass band research papers (4)
- Book: Brass Bands of the British Isles – historical directory
- How many brass bands? 19,634!
- Researching the History of Brass Bands
- New brass band research papers
- Women Composers for Brass Band
- Brass Band Cartoons
- Brass Band Poems
- Frank Wright
- Comic bands – kazoo & zobo
- The first band broadcast?
- Book: British Brass Bands – historical directory