Jack Jones’ great grandfather was a member of the band below. He has very little information about him other than he was born about 1874 in Indiana, lived in Illinois and died in 1913. There are no clues in the picture and, sadly, this is often the case with old pictures, nothing written on the face or back. Nevertheless it is a splendid picture. Two members, in the centre, appear to have chevrons on their sleeves – one is probably the bandmaster/band sergeant.
- Women Composers for Brass Band
- Brass Band Cartoons
- Brass Band Poems
- Frank Wright
- Comic bands – kazoo & zobo
- The first band broadcast?
- Book: British Brass Bands – historical directory
- Alliance City Band (Ohio)
- Cornet prize won by Joseph Hyde in 1861
- Book: Music & the British Military
- Book: The Village Brass Band
- Book: The Musical Salvationist